Want to impress your friends and fam for brunch without the hassle? Try this Vegan + Gluten-free Cinnamon Apple Compote made with green apples, cinnamon and a hint of coconut oil. The perfect topping for pancakes, waffles, ice-cream and more! Enjoy!
#PARTYNBRUNCH This was the exact recipe that Bella, Our Founder, demoed at the event on Sunday, October 6th.
Cinnamon Apple Compote:
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (28 g) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) orange juice
- Dash of cornstarch
- 1 pinch of ground sea salt
- In a saucepan heat the oil on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the apples and toss to coat. A
- dd the spices, brown sugar, and salt and stir to combine. Cook for approximately five minutes or until the apples begin to release their juices and they begin to stick to the pan.
- Deglaze with the orange juice and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add a little water if necessary to avoid scorching the apples. Simmer until the apples are soft and the sauce is thick. Approximately 20 minutes.
Picture & Recipe inspired by Veganosity.