This is a staple for Pasta Night in our household! Simple, quick and full of protein from the peanut butter! Enjoy this dish!
Time: 20 minutes
7 ounces dried spaghetti (or noodles of choice)
For the Peanut Sesame Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- About 1/3 cup water, or as needed
For the Peanut Noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, or high heat oil of choice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook it according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk the ingredients for the peanut sesame sauce together in a small bowl. Thin the mixture with as much water as you need. You want the sauce to be thick and creamy, but pourable.
- Drain the pasta into a colander and put aside.
- Cook onions in oil. Cook. Add the noodles and sauce the skillet. Flip everything a few times to coat the noodles.
- Raise the heat to high and cook for about a minute, just until everything is heated throughout.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the green onions.
- Top the noodles with the peanuts and green parts of scallions. Divide onto plates and serve!