Hey friend, how are you? It's wild times here but let's not focus and dwell on the negative. We have more time on our hands than ever before and working from home (if that's you right now) can be such a blessing. I’ve been working from home for almost a year now & so today, I'm sharing a trick or two about staying productive, sane and happy. Let's dig in!
- Wake up early & start your day with a solid morning routine— here’s mine, freshen up in bathroom, yoga, mediation/visualization, journal and 10 minutes of reading.
- Try to get ready! I’m not the best at this but on the days where I try to look somewhat presentable, I feel more lively.
- Have a schedule (do the best you can with this). Block out chunks of time for everything— projects, emails, video meetings, workouts, dinner, breaks, anything! Do this the night before or plan it over the weekend :)
- Use the 50METHOD, 50 minutes of uninterrupted work, 10 minutes of break time.. and repeat 3-5 times per day.
- Make it a goal to move your body during your breaks. Light stretch, yoga, jumping jacks whatever. Bonus: try to get outside in the afternoon for fresh air or do an at-home workout routine!
- Connect with a friend, coworker, colleague over lunch via text, call or video chat. Social distancing doesn’t mean we should stop connecting with others.
- Designate days for chores so you don’t feel obligated to work on it during “office time”.
- Stock your pantry and fridge with healthy snacks like veggies, fruits, nuts etc. It’s make it easy to make better choices that way :)
Hope this helps! Cheers!