Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Recipe by Gabby Guzdek (@honestly_gabby + honestlygabby.com)
Makes 1 serving
Total Time: 15 minutes
This breakfast burrito is the perfect hearty breakfast. Loaded with veggies, tofu, and
warming spices, this is about to become your new favorite vegan savory breakfast. It’s
quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious. The best part about the burrito is that it’s portable, so
you can make it and bring it with you to school or work.
Because the following recipe is so simple, you can easily customize it with your favorite
veggies and toppings. Go crazy and add vegan meat and cheese if you want! I used a
whole wheat tortilla, but use whatever tortilla you enjoy most. Make sure it’s a large
burrito-size, otherwise it’ll be very hard to roll up. I also recommend heating up the
tortilla to make it more pliable when you roll it up. Enjoy!
● 1⁄3 block firm tofu
● Diced veggies of choice (I used onions and peppers)
● 1 tsp vegan butter or oil
● 1⁄4 tsp turmeric
● 1⁄2 tbsp nutritional yeast
● 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
● 1⁄4 tsp black salt (optional, but gives it an even more “eggy” taste)
● Pinch chipotle powder
● 1 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk (optional, but gives it an even more “eggy”
● 1 large tortilla
● Any other fresh veggies (tomatoes, spinach, etc.)
1. Sauté the veggies in the vegan butter or oil until soft and translucent.
2. Crumble in tofu and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Add in spices and milk and stir until combined.
4. Scoop the tofu scramble, the avocado, and cilantro into the tortilla and fold tightly.
5. Pan fry the burrito for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with salsa & enjoy!