A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDERS
While in college, Myles and I (Bella) went #vegan because we saw how positively impactful it was for our health, environment, animals and planet. Wanting to help promote this lifestyle, we created Coconut Whisk, a proudly vegan baking mix company that would give back.
What began as a simple idea that started in our college apartment has evolved into a forward-thinking lifestyle brand and business that matches every purchase with a vegan meal for a kid and animal in need.
Wanna know more? Read on!
Coconut Whisk's humble beginning started in the Spring of 2018. As seniors in college without business degrees (we studied Psychology and Community Health), investment money or any experience in running a business in general, we hesitantly entered our big idea and recipes into a business competition held on campus.
To our suprise, we walked away winning 1st place in the Food Division!
From that moment on, we knew we had something special to share.
Fast forward to today...
Our mission is to make the world a better place... one vegan meal at a time.
Our grand ole' vision is to feed vegan meals to 1 million children, 1 million rescued animals and plant 1 million trees.
Join us as we continue to build a company that's Better For You, Your Family and Our Planet.
LISTEN IN ON OUR PODCAST INTERVIEWS HERE:
Our first promo video from May 2018 :)
How can I get involved and support Coconut Whisk?
Your involvement means everything to us. To be a part of this journey, here are a few things that you can do to support Coconut Whisk:
- Sign up for our email newsletter (you’ll be the first to know about updates, giveaway, deals, events and more!)
- Follow us on our Facebook page and Instagram
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions/comments/ideas.
- Spread the word to your family, friends, coworkers, community!
On behalf of Coconut Whisk, we're happy to be sharing our mission and recipes with you! Cheers to your most satisfying life!
Bella, Myles & Team Coconut Whisk
Along with creating a solid foundation for our startup (in regards to legal, financials, finding a commercial kitchen, getting licensed, business plans etc) here are a few milestones that Coconut Whisk has proudly achieved:
- One Million Cups Featured Presentation Speakers
- 2018 Big Ideas Challenge Ag/Food/Beverage 1st Place Winner
- 2018 Minnesota State University Mankato Youth Entrepreneurship Fair 1st Place Winner
- May 2018; Launched our website, celebrated with a lil' party, featured on Mankato Free Press and MSU Reporter
- July 2018, Partnered with our first retail deal~ Hilltop Hyvee Mankato!
- August 2018, Featured speaker at MBV's Annual Luncheon (500+ attendees)
- September 2018, TC Veg Fest Vendor!
- November 2018, a Cover feature on River Valley Woman Magazine!