A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDERS
Myles and I (Bella) started Coconut Whisk in our 400 sq ft apartment in Mankato, Minnesota as we were finishing up our last semester of college in 2018.
We saw a need for enjoyable, vegan & gluten-free baking mixes and wanted to fulfill our desire to bake together-- without the mess or hassle. The two of us would search the aisles of the grocery store for a baking kit that was better-for-you, appealing, simple and proudly vegan-- but nothing came up.
That's why we're SO grateful for that “aha” moment on that January night in 2018. We suddenly realized that it was time to launch our dream business together.
Without business degrees (Psychology and Community Health majors unite!), investment money or any experience in running a company, we entered into a business competition held on our campus and, to our surprise, won the Food Division!
Our vision is for Coconut Whisk to be THE #1 vegan lifestyle brand and baking mix company that also gave back to animals & kids in need. Every day we (and our team) work diligently with this statement in mind so that we can expand and grow our heart-centered business.
The best part about Coconut Whisk is how we get to share all the fun. It's an honor to help families spend more quality time in the kitchen together.
There’s something special about turning off your cell phone, clearing the schedule and staying in to bake with your loved ones. it’s those sweet moments that make life truly exceptional.
LISTEN IN ON OUR INTERVIEW WITH MAKERS OF MN
What have we accomplished?
Along with creating a solid foundation for our startup (in regards to legal, financials, finding a commercial kitchen, getting licensed, business plans etc) here are a few milestones that Coconut Whisk has proudly achieved:
- One Million Cups Featured Presentation Speakers
- 2018 Big Ideas Challenge Ag/Food/Beverage 1st Place Winner
- 2018 Minnesota State University Mankato Youth Entrepreneurship Fair 1st Place Winner
- May 2018; Launched our website, celebrated with a lil' party, featured on Mankato Free Press and MSU Reporter
- July 2018, Partnered with our first retail deal~ Hilltop Hyvee Mankato!
- August 2018, Featured speaker at MBV's Annual Luncheon (500+ attendees)
- September 2018, TC Veg Fest Vendor!
- November 2018, a Cover feature on River Valley Woman Magazine!
How can I get involved and support Coconut Whisk?
Your involvement means everything to us. To be a part of this journey, here are a few things that you can do to support Coconut Whisk:
- Sign up for our email newsletter (you’ll be the first to know about updates, giveaway, deals, events and more!)
- Follow us on our Facebook page and Instagram
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions/comments/ideas.
- Spread the word to your family, friends, coworkers, community!
On behalf of Coconut Whisk, we're happy to be sharing our mission and recipes with you! Cheers to your most satisfying life!
Myles, Bella & Team Coconut Whisk