It's free of gluten, dairy, eggs, cheese, or nuts. And I swear, it's magic.
This recipe is absolutely amazing. You can also use this cheese recipe on dips with tortilla chips or over steamed broccoli. It's a show stopper, friends.
4 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped
2-3 large Carrots, chopped
1/2 cup Water (used to boil potatoes)
1/4 cup Nutritional yeast + 3 TBSP
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Salt or to taste
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Peppers (for a queso/nacho taste, add about 3 tbsp of jalapeno juice from jar)
1/8 tsp Turmeric
1. Wash + scrub both potatoes and carrots, peel and chop into uniform pieces then drop in boiling water for 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp salt if desired.
2. Cook noodles according to the package. And drain, then set aside.
3. Once you can poke with a fork, let it rest for 5 minutes and then with a slotted spoon, transfer the veggies to your blender. I used my Vitamix.
4. Now back to blender, Add 1/2 cup potato water and pulse to mix.
5. Add remaining ingredients (seasoning etc) and blend until smooth
6. Add drained noodle back to pot, combine with sauce and stir.
7. Serve up with sprinkles of vegan cheese on top and a fresh side salad