Name: Margaret C.
- What are some things that you're absolutely passionate about? I’m truly passionate about expressing myself through creative outlets. My favorites include cooking and photography.
- What do you do? Work/school? I’m a full-time mom first and foremost. I also run a vegan food & lifestyle blog called ThePlantPhilosophy.com. I also work as an independent contractor to different brands for custom recipe development and product photography.
- What is your health philosophy? I believe in following a vegan lifestyle, rich in whole plant-based foods and minimally processed items.
- What's your favorite self-care ritual? Self-care has been a challenge since becoming a mother. When I can find the time to do something for me, I like to take a hot shower, put on a brightening face mask, catch up on some personal writing and/or cook an extra special meal.
- What's one food you could eat every single day? Hands down it would have to be peanut butter. I could eat a spoonful every single day!
- Who inspires you the most aka your role models? My father is a huge inspiration in my life. He has always taught me to follow my passions and supported my dreams to be creative and make that into a living. I’m very thankful to have such hard working parents that encourage me daily to do what I love.
- Where is your favorite place to travel to? I haven’t had the opportunity to leave the country, but here in the US I’m absolutely obsessed with the west coast. My heart and soul feel very connected to Oregon. Specifically Portland, it’s a very vegan-friendly city with a low pace vibe that calls to me. I could spend forever exploring Oregon and never grow tired of it.
- What's a social cause that means the most to you? Anything environmental. Climate change, animal rights, alternative energy, everything that has the desire to make a positive impact on the world.
- How do you balance personal life and work? That’s a tricky one, I’m a new mom and I also work from home full-time. For me I really try to have as much quality time with my family and work as efficiently as possible in my spare time. Every day I juggle the two in different quantities to make it work. Luckily I have the freedom to create my own schedule so that works in my favor.
- Chocolate or peanut butter? Wow, toughest question ever. I adore both but couldn’t live without peanut butter!
- Pancakes or waffles? You can’t beat the classic. I’m forever an old soul and will make pancakes over waffles most days.
- Favorite thing about Coconut Whisk? I love that Coconut Whisk accommodates most diets. Having a gluten-free, vegan-friendly option that’s quick to make and delicious is a game changer!
- Any advice you’d like to give to your younger self? The best advice I could give my younger self would have to be to not doubt myself. Doubt keeps you from trying sometimes and I wish everyone could learn to live their lives without fear.
- What are some long term goals that you're currently striving for? I’m currently working towards living more low-waste and reducing my carbon footprint even more. I’d love to switch my family over to a fully electric car. My biggest goal would be to release a successful vegan cookbook, sharing my family’s recipes I’ve veganized and many more favorites.
- Health = Wealth. Do you agree? Absolutely! Maintaining your health will set you up for success. I believe being in good health is the key to living a happier life.